Friday, June 29, 2012

CASHLESS BANKING STORIES??!!

I have been thinking of this issue for some time ,the idea sounds great but we all know that for every good idea there is that probability for pitfalls and thumb downs.Any way it comes I'm a fan of the revolution and i wish the Nigerian government a massive acceptance of the programme from Nigerians.


In the Morning.....
AT THE IYA ALAKARA'S PLACE
(I enter the place .Iya alakara is multi-tasking:frying and selling akara simultaneously)
Me:Akara N100(one hundred naira)
(She wraps the akara in newspaper and hands it over to me)
IYA ALAKARA :Owo(Money)
(I search my pocket and hand to her my ATM card)
IYA ALAKARA :Kini eleyi(What is this ?)
Me:This is ATM card u just put in your POS machine
IYA ALAKARA :Abeegi wetin be all this grammar on top N100(one hundred naira) Akara give me my akara back
(Two hours later my Facebook Status:"Terribly Hungry")
*AKARA is a Yoruba word for Beans-cake
*IYA means mother in Yoruba
* IYA ALAKARA means the woman that sells beans cake


Afternoon.....On my way to Hustle
THE DANFO EXPERIENENCE
Conductor:Agege!!!!
(I run to catch up with the bus)
Conductor:Enter with your change o
(I check my pocket and i say to my self "Aal Is Well")
Conductor:Oya your money
Conductor:(Turns to me)Oga u neva pay
(I open my wallet and hand over my ATM card to the conductor)
Conductor:Wetin be this
(Don't ask me what happened afterwards)


Night...
//So after a rough day I felt like cooling off at the my favourite Suya Spot in town



(Mallam doing his thing ,my eyes caught the sharp edges of his knives,the knives were glimmering and shiny)
Mallam:Oga good evening
Me:Thank you
Mallam:How much suya you want tonight
Me:N500 (five hundred naira suya)
(Mallam packs the suya and hands it over to me,so I sat down there and ruminated over the escapades of the day,Before I knew it the suya was finished so I stood up to leave)
Mallam:Oga you never pay
(I searched my pocket and could only find my ATM card,All I could think of as I slowly handed the ATM card to Mallam is RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!)
*suya-roasted meat


#lagos #cashless banking
follow your boy @fixitsammie on twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

ad

Disqus for fixitsammie